This blog is the product of Shaping Tomorrow. Since 2002 we have helped our members and clients ‘Anticipate and prepare for tomorrow through making better decisions today’. We are a one-stop, global research shop helping busy people and organizations mitigate risk and uncertainty and to exploit opportunities for future growth and profits more effectively than rivals.
Our members come from diverse backgrounds in:
Strategy | Planning | R&D | Product management | S&T | Community development | Foresight | Change management | Consulting | IT | Education | Risk management | Design | Policy making | Intelligence
bringing fresh perspectives to old and new issues. They work predominantly in small and medium-sized organizations and corporations as well as for governments, academic institutions, not-for-profits and academia.
We provide extraordinary breadth and depth of global insights into the future and fresh ideas covering all aspects of: economics, the environment, healthcare, industries, lifestyles, organization, politics, society and technology and, illuminate the potential implications for organizations through combining:
- unique, specialist services & high-level human expertise
- a holistic, crowd-sourced systems approach
- multi-sectorial, multi-national and multi-dimensional inquiry
- international, national and local situation analyzes
- a concentration on big content versus big data believing that less is more!
- the increasing use of visualization, heuristics and algorithms to spot significant emerging signals of change
Our national, regional and global clients cover many markets. Our top client interests are in: Agriculture, Business Support & Logistics, Consultancy, Chemicals, Defense, Education, Energy, Engineering, Food & drink, Financial Services, Government, Health, Manufacturing, Not-for-profits, Pharmaceuticals, Professional associations, Retail, Science & Technology, Telecommunications, Transport, Travel & tourism
We have recently helped our clients by:
- Fully researching the future of regulations and presenting our findings to gain agreement among senior policy makers to transform a 100+ years old North American regulatory process that was no longer fit for future purpose
- Writing a deep dive research brief and altering the thinking of engineers and experts about the future of aircraft manufacture in South America
- Developing a multi-approach response to new competitive threats using scenarios and options analysis for a mining and manufacturing company in Europe
- Identifying a revolutionary way to remote sense illegal ocean mining in real-time for a North American organization during a strategic foresight training workshop
- Auditing and facilitating the creation of a fresh vision, values, strategies and change programs for a major Bank in the Middle East
- Continuously scanning the horizon and briefing the clients on the future of animal health and health in Asia and North America
- Determining policy on synthetic biology through a three day, full evaluation of the emerging issues at a governmental workshop in Australasia
- and many more.
What they say
“You have created a unique and very impressive scanning and foresight platform”
James Mason, AllState Insurance United States
“The Shaping Tomorrow workshop was incredibly valuable in demonstrating the potential use of the integrated foresight, strategy and change tools – I am impressed with how widely the tools can be applied to our daily work and how the systematic approach ensures that we cover-off areas we perhaps wouldn’t think of including in our analysis. I really like its systematic approach and the fact that it can be used in diverse areas such as policy formulation, forecasting, provision of advice to senior levels of government etc.”
Raana Asgar – DAFF (Australia)
“Shaping Tomorrow provided the tools and expertise to quickly assimilate market information, identify key drivers and create multiple scenarios. We were able to identify many options to help steer the company and test our strategic plans.”
Russell Trueman, Strategic Planning Manager – British Gypsum (United Kingdom)
We are the world’s lowest cost provider of highly effective, strategic intelligence and ideas, backed up by a passion for service excellence, rapid delivery and commitment to highly successful outcomes that help our clients exceed the expectations of their stakeholders.
Ownership of solving problems begins and ends with our clients and not with us. Clients proactively solve problems with our guidance rather than just reactively addressing symptoms and learning is passed from our facilitators to participants in repeatable forms. Clients determine the positive and negative future implications of their solutions and modify their decisions to be sustainable in the medium to long-term thus reducing future waste, cost and time and extending income opportunities and brand reputation.
For more information and to contact us, please visit: http://www.shapingtomorrow.com/webtext/10