What future opportunities and risks could arise for your organization from advances in packaging?
- Clear communication on packagingwill help to educate consumers on the proper disposal route for products and prevent costly problems at home and at treatment facilities.
- Recent environmental initiatives by some of the largest U.S. fastfood companies and municipalities across the country could prompt increased use of paperboard packaging.
- Products that can help to extend the shelf life of packaged foods will register healthy growth.
- Converted flexible packaging’s source reduction, space savings, and lower production and shipping costs will be increasingly advantageous in light of the growing importance among major retailers and packaged goods firms of supply chain sustainability as a competitive advantage.
- Increased consumer preference towards biodegradable materialscoupled with the growing environmental concern is expected to boost the overall growth of the biodegradable packaging market.
- The developed regions are expected to dominate the overallbiodegradable packaging market owing to the presence of mature markets that consist of highly environmental consciousconsumers.
- The presence of large populations in Asia Pacific is expected to boost the biodegradable packaging market.
- Europe and North America are expected to dominate the overall market of biodegradable packaging.
- North America is expected to be the largest consumer of thebiodegradable packaging market.
- Lack of government support especially in the developed countries is expected to curb the growth of the biodegradable packaging market.
- All materials used in a wood-fiber bottle will be developed using bio-based and biodegradable materials allowing the bottle to be responsibly degraded.
- Global Bio-Plastic Packaging Market 2015 is expected to reach $8.53 billion by 2022.
- Healthy growth will be seen in market categories such as packaging, wire and cable.
- Food and beverage applications will continue to lead through 2019 with a combined share of over 66 percent of active and intelligentpackaging demand.
- Rising government investments in downstream sector coupled with growing demand from end user industries such as packaging, building & construction and consumer appliances is forecast to propel the Saudi Arabia’s master batch market through 2020.
- The development of monolayer oxygen scavenger bottle systems has led to greater use in single-serve beverages and newer technologiessuch as oxygen scavenging films will further aid growth for gas scavenging products.
- Growing population in the developing countries is expected to drive the food processing and packaging industry over the forecast period.
- With continuous innovation in terms of flavor and packaging, and heavy investment in marketing and brand image construction, premium chocolates are likely to gain a significant share in total chocolate sales.
- Demand for containerboard used in box production will continue to grow more slowly than global box output due to product lightweighting.
- Strong growth in e-commerce will increase box usage as will the rising popularity of retail-ready packaging.
- The Asia-Pacific skin packaging market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR of 5.93% during the forecast period.
- NFC OpenSense, will be incorporated into a five-figure unit order from Diageo for “smart” liquor bottles.
- Demand for active and intelligent packaging in the US is forecast to increase 7.3 percent per year to $4.0 billion in 2019.
- In food applications, pouches and bags will continue to supplant rigid packaging.
- Woven polypropylene (WPP) bags will capture a rising share of bulk and other larger-sized pack-ages based on their relatively low cost, high strength, and good performance with dry pet foods.
- Upward pressure is expected to break as increased coated cartonboard capacity from China continues to spill over into the global market place.
- Recent environmental initiatives by some of the largest U.S. fast food companies and municipalities across the country could prompt increased use of paperboard packaging.
- E-commerce and package delivery will not be an early focus of drone technology.
- Businesses and consumers could increase their participation in collection in order to move plastic waste toward a recovery supply chain.
- Packaging will advance to provide consumers with a way to both send data to and receive information from producers and distributors.
- Demand for product interaction will bolster gains for packaging that provides feedback regarding the condition of the contents as well as information about source or brand identity.
- Innate resins will create new categories for everything from flexible food packaging to heavy-duty industrial shipping sacks.
What future opportunities and risks could arise for your organization from advances in Packaging? Develop your answer and responsehere.
Find the sources and more resources on Shaping Tomorrow’s ‘Virtual Reality Coming Soon‘ some of which were used in this Trend Alert, or ask us for our ready-made and free, in-depth PowerPoint report or more detailed GIST briefing on this or any other topic of interest to you.
Also, click here to find out how Shaping Tomorrow can help your organization rapidly assess and respond to these and other key issues affecting your business.