Almost every business will go digital in the years ahead. Where are you on the journey and what else could you do to accelerate progress and invest in your future? Here are some of the answers and issues found by automatic AI scanning.
- Powerful disruptive forces will begin to reshape the global payments landscape.
- Civil workers will be able to receive part of their salary in the newdigital currency.
- The trend towards smart banking will continue to gather speed asbanks look to minimise operational expenses and improve customer experience.
- Using bitcoin as a global payment method will complement the online experience.
- In 2020, 250 million vehicles will be connected and fully packed with sensor technologies.
- Technology players will create digital platforms for manufacturers that provide vehicles to mobility service providers.
- Diagnostic tools such as sensors, haptics, and digital imaging will be combined with sophisticated algorithms that will allow diagnosis of much more complex conditions to be diagnosed and treated that is currently the case.
- AR will let everyone get digital guidance in three-dimensions.
- Computers and robots will keep evolving and will learn to do new things at an amazing pace.
- The penetration of digital radiography systems will decrease demand for x-ray films and reagents.
- The OECD has just given the world an F when it comes to using computers to improve educational outcomes in schools and to give teenagers the digital skills they will increasingly need in life.
- New approaches such as mobile and social learning, MOOCs, smart knowledge services and adaptive learning systems will have an important role to play.
- The innovations in digitization, tokenisation and authentication will mean that consumers experience a seamless checkout experience.
- Companies that leverage Millennials to run social media campaigns, code websites, and to enable excellent digital communication with clients, customers, and prospects will come out on top.
- Wearables will enable teams to be more connected to the digital world while being more present in the real world.
- Shopping will be one component of a much larger digital ecosystem. Data gathered from operating systems and mobile devices will inform what we buy, when we buy and who we buy from.” Service and rewards will be the killer apps.
- Digital experts expect smart phone apps to shift their focus from entertainment purposes like games, music, video and e-book to local services like life services.
- Companies will begin flowing much more money into differentiated customer experiences as a way to capture and hold attention.
- Wearable patches that integrate multiple vital signs will enable more complex disease management and monitoring with ICU-level data-EKG, respiratory rate, temperature.
- Digital business models will be accompanied by a shift in existing control points and the emergence of new ones.
- Due to the introduction of blockchain technology, corporations will see computers not only take over as employees, but as customerstoo.
- Many magazines could survive in some kind of blended digital-print world – with re-worked business models.
- By year-end 2018, 20 percent of smart buildings will have suffered from digital vandalism.
- Early adopters of smart door locks will recognize the power the IoT brings to access control.
- Digital agility and power will be necessary to compete with new entrants and to streamline operations to generate savings.
- Digital identity control will provide opportunities for massive innovation and profit to first movers in any business vertical orgovernment context.
- Any type of digital transformation requires a high level of investment, capital and time to address the issues, find the righttechnology and manage the risk and regulatory considerations.
- Leading businesses and governments in the Middle East have new strategies and projects in place to capitalize on digital transformation opportunities.
- Successful digital enterprises will achieve enhanced efficiencies and productivity while simultaneously reimagining business processes and driving digital transformation at scale.
- Interconnected services will set utilities apart.
- In time more life sciences players will leverage digital technologies as enablers of better decision-making and thus new value generation and new growth.
- A successful digital transformation will not be possible unless people are confident about the security of both Smart Services and their personal data and convinced that the physical infrastructure can be reliably controlled by digital means.
- Heavy users of smartphones and games devices risk under-developing their ability to concentrate.
- America’s lack of basic digital skills will continue to hold back economic growth, productivity and social mobility.
- Autonomous services will emerge in the long-term (2025-2030).
Search for these drivers via the front page of Shaping Tomorrow to instantly see more underlying change in digital capabilities:
technology · business · banks · government · vehicles · business models · life · digital currency · mobile · market · risk · workers · customers · sensors · consumers · growth · digital transformation · digital skills · businesses · digital economy